The Aberdeen Health Foundation is the leading charity for health care in Pictou County, committed to investing strategically in technology, people, and programs to improve health outcomes for the people of Pictou County. Thanks to the generosity of donors, the Foundation contributes approximately $2 million every year to enhance health care in our community. In addition to medical equipment and continuing education of health care staff, today we utilize the Determinants of Health as a guide to invest upstream in programs that foster mental health, population health, and greater equity in health outcomes.
The Administrative Coordinator (AC) is a key organizational role, responsible for supporting the Executive Director (ED) to ensure all facets of the Aberdeen Health Foundation meet or exceed operational objectives. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the AC is responsible for performing a range of administrative duties, ranging from financial management to coordinating and reporting on special projects. The AC should be flexible, problem solving oriented, with an ability to adapt and respond to unexpected issues, consulting with the ED as needed. Occasionally, some evening and weekend work is required.
- General Administration
- Interfaces with donors and other stakeholders, welcoming donors and stakeholders in person or on the telephone and answering or directing inquiries.
- Collects and analyzes information and data; researches policies and procedures; prepares reports and correspondence; routes correspondence; and manages a variety of sensitive and confidential information with discretion.
- Presents information with attention to detail and formatting; ensures accurate data entry.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems and recording meeting discussions.
- Orders and maintains office supplies; evaluates new office products; and verifies receipt of supplies.
- Coordinates meeting logistics, such as room booking, catering, audio-visual set up, and travel.
- Compiles and circulates relevant materials for meetings; takes minutes; follows up on issues that arise through meetings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Financial Administration & Management
- Works closely with Executive Director, Treasurer, and External Accountant to ensure bookkeeping and accounting records are current and accurate to allow for real time organizational decision making.
- Updates and maintains bookkeeping and accounting processes with respect to organizational policy, including oversight of project specific information, accounts payable, and accounts receivable.
- Receives and processes donations; supports the Executive Director with donor-related correspondence.
- Updates and monitors donations to the Foundation and manages information related to the maintenance of the Donor Wall.
- Data entry and maintenance of donor and financial software.
- Completes bank deposits and transfers.
- Reviews project reports, identifies deficiencies, makes recommendations to improve processes, and communicates this information with stakeholders and/or Executive Director.
- Prepares budgets and year-to-date tracking/reporting.
- Other Duties:
- Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director from time to time as required, examples include:
- Support the work of the Board of Directors
- Community Relations, including event coordination and/or attending community events on behalf of the Foundation
- Liaising with stakeholders on special projects
- Ad hoc projects/requests as required
The AC position is currently a permanent full-time hourly position (35 hours per week). Compensation commensurate with experience, with pay scale starting at $20.50 per hour.
The ideal Administrative Coordinator for the Foundation will be a proficient administrator, genuine collaborator, and great communicator. They will have the ability to manage a great deal of information and identify priorities while ensuring follow through on all tasks. The following are considered definite assets:
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures and hands-on experience with Sage accounting software
- Skilled with Microsoft Office, including MS Excel, with an ability to become familiar with organization-specific programs and software
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts)
- Good understanding of Charities operations and reporting requirements
- Ability to maintain donor and stakeholder confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Strong organizational, project management, problem-solving and reporting skills with multi-tasking abilities
- Scheduling, organization, time management and presentation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, characterized by a customer care/service-oriented approach
Submit resumes and cover letters to:
Aberdeen Health Foundation
Re: Administrative Coordinator Position
835 East River Road
New Glasgow, NS B2H 3S6
Aberdeen Health Foundation will continue to accept applications until the position is filled.