In October, in celebration of Breast Health Awareness Month, the Mammo Unit at the Aberdeen Hospital was inviting people to drop by for information on breast screening.
Everyone with a mammogram in October was entered for a chance to win prizes donated by local businesses. The unit would like to congratulate the following winners:
- Anonymous winner — Handbag donated by Ladies Auxiliary of Aberdeen Hospital
- Ardith Shidruck — Ladies Jacket & Travel Mug donated by Highland Ford
- Margaret Duggins — Poinsettia Christmas Centre Piece donated by McKean’s Flowers
- Charlotte Baxter — Shampoo & Conditioner Set donated by Salon 254
- Anonymous winner — Hair Products & Water Bottle donated by Salon 254
- Susan Moore — Manicure & Party Lite Candle donated by Heidi Zinck Aesthetics
- Patricia Sterns — 1/2 Hr Massage donated by Essential Elements
- Anonymous winner — 1/2 Hr Massage donated by Essential Elements
- Gladys DeYoung — $25 Gift Certificate donated by Salon 254
- Jane Sutherland — Gift Bag of Treats donated by Women Alike Abreast A River
A number of Gift Bags were also available thanks to local businesses, and were handed out to women that came for their mammogram (while supplies lasted):
- Friends Hair Care
- Eileen Koehoorn
- Norman Hair Care
- Comfort Inn
- Lawtons Drugs
- Stacey Ferguson
- Joanne Cumminger
- Good Life
- Zelda’s Flowers
The members of the Unit would like to extend sincere thanks to the contributors for their kind donations and making the prizes possible.
Winners names are printed with permission.